Friday, June 6, 2014

Out of Ink

I wrote this for the Light and Shade Challenge.  It's the first time I've been able to sit down and do this new challenge, and I'm excited to be a part of a new writing community :) So, thanks!

          "Out of Ink"

          My pen has been sentenced to death.
          I thought admitting it would give my muse the kick in the rear it needed, but no. It's hardwired stubbornness is infallible. It'll let me continue climbing carelessly until the weight of my impatience has snapped every branch of inspiration.
          An unmoving pen to the audacious page--ink blots exposing the many times I've pressed its felt tip to the still-blank paper, but the words remain dormant, teasing me, testing me...daring me.
          Yet another page covered in a deafening silence.





crjennings1988@yahoo.com

6 comments:

  1. Can relate to this. A good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think so many readers of this will relate so much to that. Excellently conveyed, and "deafening silence" is so true.

    ReplyDelete