Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Peephole

Hello again!!  Here's my latest Trifecta Writing Challenge   I hope you enjoy it :)

"Peephole"

I stared so hard my eyes were burning from the dryness.  My nostrils flared, and I felt the rough lump of shock scrape down my throat and shoot through my stomach. 
My trembling hand gripped the knob, but I couldn’t move.
Manicured fingers pressed into the skin of his neck, moving into his hair.  The adulterous embrace was fish eyed through the lens, his lust warped through the small, circular opening. 
His betrayal swallowed me whole, depositing me into a dark, destructive place, where my vice came face-to-face with his lies and deceit—things I should’ve seen before but was blind sighted by the happy-hazel shade of his honey-flecked irises and the melodic hum of his voice. 
Manipulate… that’s all he’d done for a year was manipulate me. 
My fingers tightened around the knob, my chest tight with anxiety, begging me to fling the door open and confront his knavery. 
Suddenly, sapience washed over me, stealing my vindictive thoughts and replacing them with a solid reminder of the reality outside of my emotions. 

My now-steady fingers lifted, turned the deadbolt, and flipped the light switch toward the floor.   

Words:  188
crjennings1988@gmail.com

2 comments: